Back-End Developer, Data Division, Core Data Squad
Technology · Copenhagen
Our award-winning infrastructure delivers a simple, easy-to-use API with high-quality bank connectivity, enabling companies in three segments: banking, accounting and payments. Our customers range from big banks, such as Danske Bank, DNB, OP Bank, Lunar and Santander, to large accounting companies like Dinero and Pleo. We also support startups that are pushing their new solutions live. As we grow over the coming years, we plan to expand our solution to the rest of Europe and develop new products to offer value-added services on top of our open banking network.
We’re product people in a financial world who build cut-to-the-bone, frictionless and highly effective products. We’re constantly improving and growing as a company and as individuals, and we welcome a positive can-do attitude and thinking outside the box in any form. We believe that people thrive when they get to express their creativity and deliver results, and we respect that no fixed time slot for creative work exists. Punching a clock is a thing of the past.
The Data Division
Our data division executes on our strategy to unlock the power of spending data to build the future of financial services with a focus on convenience, automation and personalisation. The division has full end-to-end responsibility for building high-quality coverage for all European markets and mapping out data and value added-services for each of our customer segments that include both business and personal account access.
The data division contains open banking and PSD2 experts, product managers, engineering managers and best-in-class developers for APIs, backend services, machine learning and AI. Our efforts are structured around small squads of 2-5 developers with product managers and key functional units such as operations, business analytics and compliance to support the teams.
The Core Data squad
The Core Data squad plays a key role in the development and maintenance of the company’s data management and storage platforms. Building on the strong foundation of our award-winning bank connectivity APIs, the squad creates turn-key solutions that take the burden of handling data storage from customers that want to spend their efforts building great products that leverage the full potential of the open banking standard.
A peek into the tech stack
The data products in the Core Data portfolio are written in C# using ASP.NET Core, hosted in Azure. Native cloud storage technologies are in play, so you can expect, for example, blob and table storage to be used. Deployments are automated using Terraform and Azure DevOps pipelines. And of course Git is the VCS of choice.
Main responsibilities are:
- Building and maintaining high-quality data solutions both on premise and in the cloud.
- Actively participating in designing and scoping upcoming features according to the product roadmap.
- Ensuring scalability and maintainability of the products through emphasis on good development and testing practices.
- Should the need arise, assist customer support with investigation and resolution of support cases related to the squad’s product portfolio.
- Onboarding new customers and helping them achieve their open banking goals.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Working experience in development of software systems
- Strong knowledge of C# and .NET, ideally also ASP.NET
-Good understanding of HTTP is a plus
- Basic knowledge of common development practices of the industry
-VCS (Git), CI/CD, Agile, Scrum
- A flair for software architecture or API design
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
As a developer, you’re pragmatic in your approach to designing and building software. You’re a team player and are excited to sit with your colleagues and bring your heads together designing the next elegant solution to the problem at hand. You’ll both challenge and have your ideas challenged in order to deliver the best solution possible.
As a person, you’re open-minded, eager to contribute and learn, and focused on getting the right things done. With a mindset of continuous improvement, you’re interested in making a positive impact in the field that will affect end-users worldwide.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with SaaS and distributed systems in an enterprise environment
- Experience developing cloud-native solutions
- Experience from the financial sector or other regulated industries
- Interest in storage solutions
- Interest in cyber security
- A position on the forefront of one of the most innovative areas of financial technology
- Flexible working hours allowing you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- Brand new office space on Islands Brygge with an amazing canteen
- To be part of a diverse team of ambitious experts in a technology-driven culture
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply or reach out to Lead Developer Jiri, at firstname.lastname@example.org.