Backend Developer, Experience Division
Our award-winning infrastructure delivers a simple, easy-to-use API with high-quality bank connectivity, enabling companies in three segments: banking accounting and payments. Our customers range from big banks, such as Danske Bank, DNB, OP Bank and Santander, to large accounting companies like Dinero and Pleo. We also support startups that are pushing their new solutions live. Our European expansion is underway already, and as we grow over the coming years, we plan to develop new products to offer value-added services on top of our open banking network.
We’re product people in a financial world who build cut-to-the-bone, frictionless and highly effective products. We’re constantly improving and growing as a company and as individuals, and we welcome a positive can-do attitude and thinking outside the box in any form. We believe that people thrive when they get to express their creativity and deliver results, and we respect that no fixed time slot for creative work exists. Punching a clock is a thing of the past.
The Experience Division
The Experience Division owns everything that our customers and end-users will interact with.
We are in charge of the full experience across our products in the business, ensuring a consistent expression in design, content and performance based on our understanding of the world, and our shared principles and systems put in place.
With clear goals we design, we build and maintain effortlessly cool, friendly, clean and joyful applications and end-user experiences that support our customers’ needs and the company strategy. This includes the connect flows for data sharing and seamless payments, account information service hub for end-user sharing and management, developer portal, support tools, as well as marketing websites.
Our efforts are structured around small squads of 2-5 developers with product managers, designers and key functional units.
The Experience Division is made up of a range of strong product-minded people, such as product managers, web developers, UX designers, visual designers and front-end developers.
In your role, you will:
- Design, build and operate our Aiia product, which will give our customers a totally seamless experience in building products with account information.
- Drive Aiia to be fully hosting-agnostic – hostable on-prem, in our Azure cloud as SaaS, and in other clouds – as well as agnostic of the underlying data storage.
- You will design and build solutions that can effortlessly be implemented into their solutions, from desktop-browser consumed services to native applications.
- Have, as part of the squad, full ownership of the applications you build, from development to operating them in production
- Groom requirements with the squad and plan out technical tasks to deliver on those requirements.
- Work closely with the team, doing pair-programming and code-reviews, to ensure the team constantly delivers working software to the standards we expect
- Daily operations, assisting with customer support, fixing bugs and issues
- Closely monitor and improve the quality of our applications, ensuring they live up to our quality standards and SLAs
- Multiple years of deep industry experience building, owning and improving high visibility products
- You have experience working on challenging technical projects
- Good understanding of and up-to-date understanding of modern and scalable web development
- You have released at least one app – web or native – or have a project in the works that you can tell us about
- Deep understanding of software development using C# on the .NET stack
- Strong experience in API design and strategies
- Experience in designing and building distributed applications, and good knowledge of at least one of the major cloud providers
- An higher university degree in computer science or related field
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English)
- You have experience being a technical leader or mentor
- You can quickly scope the size and feasibility of projects of all sizes.
- A leading position within one of the most innovative areas of payments
- To be part of a technology-driven culture that includes expert payment and engineering colleagues
- Flexible working hours allowing you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- Exciting Gatherings where all teams from three locations meet to inspire each other and have fun
- Stellar equipment
- Competitive compensation packages
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply or reach out to the Division Director of Experience, Niki Mench (firstname.lastname@example.org). We’re looking forward to hearing from you.