Sales Manager for Banking Solutions
Sales · Copenhagen
We’re on a mission to transform banking permanently and build a Europe-wide ecosystem of APIs, renowned for quality and privacy, upon which an entire industry can transform. We’re currently looking for a leader who can navigate banking sales throughout the Nordics, Baltics and Northern Europe.
The Banking Sales Team
We’re trusted advisors to many banks in Europe, ranging from the well-established Pan-European banks, like Santander and Danske Bank, to high-growth challenger banks like Lunar. By advising and driving strategic partnerships with banks, we’re accelerating the growth at Aiia and expanding our innovative services across Europe. Our strong track record and ability to bring open banking data, payments and PSD2 compliance solutions that simply work to banks is second to none. In a highly competitive market, we’re battling for the future of banking and we need the best people to win.
Open banking, seen strictly as compliance, is a thing of the past. Today, commercialisation and monetisation of banks’ data and payment capabilities, and bringing new innovative solutions to life are high on the agenda for many banks. For the banks that haven’t realised the vast opportunities with open banking, we’re here to advise and help them realise their goals.
We help banks strategise open banking and solve actual problems that deliver tangible business value. We engage with people across the board, ranging from C-level and senior executives to commercial and technology decision makers.
In the Banking division, you’ll work with a stellar team of people, all skilled in banking and sales from experience with companies like Danske Bank, Saxo Bank and Visa to high-growth fintech companies.
Sound like you?
As Sales Manager for Banking, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with banks predominately across the Nordic, Baltic and Polish markets. You’ll build strong commercial partnerships with small- and medium-sized banks, owning the sales process end to end.
Perhaps you’re from a banking background, but are desperate to innovate faster and be part of enabling open banking technology. Your understanding of the banking industry and key internal players will be invaluable as you engage across multiple stakeholders to sell in Aiia solutions.
You’ll add direct value to the company, helping shape our European market expansion strategy as well as be responsible for setting and meeting your sales targets. You’ll build partnerships with some of Europe’s most exciting upcoming banks and help many others as they deliver on their open banking and PSD2 compliance journeys.
You achieve this by:
- Representing our team and inspiring others by sharing our vision for open banking
- Building your network of Enterprise customers and opening doors to generate revenue across Aiia’s solutions
- Researching go-to-market strategies to facilitate quota attainment
- Owning the full sales cycle from outreach to close: effectively engaging in meetings, understanding business objectives and challenges, and aligning Aiia’s solutions to accomplish partner goals
- Building out a matrix of connections within client organisations so that you can develop the scope and potential of what’s possible
- Meticulously managing the lead board and being able to articulate the challenges and growth you see
- Creating sales material to reinforce key company messaging
- Negotiating multiple, large commercial agreements
- Partnering with internal team members to deliver on client commitments
- Accurately and consistently maintaining sales tools and CRM
Like us, you’re obsessed with creating practical use cases for open banking. Your passion for innovation and being at the leading edge of open banking is what provides the intrigue, connection and experience to clients.
Want to sharpen your skills of selling to and managing deeply complex institutional client relationships by growing your responsibility and understanding of generating commercial growth within a segment? Key to success in this role will be your ability to build strong relationships. You’re no stranger to complex deals and can effectively operate under uncertainty.
This is an exciting role for someone who would like to help lead innovation. Someone who’s action oriented, focused and appreciates a culture of collaboration.
You’re someone who brings your:
- Two to six (2-6) years of experience in banking or a passion for fintech
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
- Creativity and solutioning mindset to overcome customer challenges
- Demonstrated diligence and focus
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Exceptional command of Excel and at-home building analytic reports or creating complex business cases
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and a command of a second European language (written and spoken)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to travel 2-3x a month (once travel is open)
- Able to bring an element of fun and joy to client engagements
Nice to have:
- An understanding of PSD2 regulation in Europe
- A fantastic team to collaborate with and support you as you build your career and growth ambitions
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- A spacious, modern office in Islands Brygge with a canteen serving delightful lunch served by .506
- Competitive remuneration and bonus structure
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply below or reach out directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, Jozef Klaassen, at email@example.com