Head of Payments Solutions
Sales · Copenhagen
We’re on a mission to transform banking permanently and build a Europe-wide ecosystem of APIs, renowned for quality and privacy, upon which an entire industry can transform. We’re currently looking for a leader to head the payments solutions division and expand our growth throughout the Nordics and all of Europe.
The Payments Sales Team
Our Sales Team is the beating heart of Aiia. Together with clients, we rewrite the script on what is possible with payments and data across Europe. And we deliver on this vision, bringing growth to both our clients’ businesses and to Aiia.
Over the past decades, technical development has exponentially influenced almost all aspects of the way we live our lives and conduct our business. Sadly, payments haven’t followed this trend. Dinosaur methods like giro payments, paper invoices and PDFs still exist.
It's been estimated that in the next five years, 45% of the card-based payments will be account-to-account (A2A) payments. That’s why we created Aiia Pay, allowing end users and businesses to initiate payments directly from their own bank account to the receiving bank account in just a few fast, simple and secure clicks.
This is our fastest-growing segment and the opportunities are enormous. The payments industry is one of the most dynamic and complex markets, where digitalisation is altering business models and rewriting the rules almost daily. Aiia’s simple and direct solution plays a crucial part in leading this evolution. Our solution works brilliantly to solve thousands of use cases and dissolves traditional pain points customers have had in the past.
This segment is owned by payments experts who have a great nose for use cases and a deep knowledge of the payments market.
Sounds like you?
As Head of Payments solutions, you’ll lead a team that brings about the adoption of open banking through payment providers and large merchants throughout Europe. You’ll establish the focus and direction Aiia will take regarding complex payment integrations, both in terms of product and client engagement.
You’ll lead the Payments team, both in Denmark as well as all local geographic segments, building and maintaining our key Aiia partnerships with clients and creating relationships that’ll increase Aiia’s reach and impact. You’re a strong communicator, so motivating and inspiring the rest of the team comes naturally to you. Like the rest of the team, you’re meticulous about data. You bring your strategies to life by taking fast and effective data-driven decisions.
Together with the CRO, you’ll establish both the short- and long-term strategy for the expansion of Aiia’s products across Europe. You’re able to execute fast on short-term wins, while maintaining focus on the bigger picture of our long-term success.
Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with the CMO as well as Head of Delivery. You’re accountable for the growth and success of your team as well as for achieving the Payments Sales targets over a multi-year horizon, to match our business plans and corporate strategy.
You achieve this by:
- Building and executing a go-to market strategy for Payments Solutions, both in the Nordics as well as throughout the rest of Europe
- Leading others, motivating the team and hiring those needed to help us grow and be successful
- Progressing deals along the pipeline and nurturing our current client relationships, ensuring all clients utilise the full potential of open banking
- Achieving the Payments Sales targets over multiple years and enhancing the growth and performance of your team
- Forecasting the growth of the payments segment
- Reporting on the tracking compared to budget of the payments segment
- Implementing streamlined processes that support high-quality customer experiences and revenue growth
- Establishing and maintaining successful sales processes with a focus on tracking and measuring. You know that if it’s not in Hubspot, it didn’t happen.
- Initiating discussion and seeking input from relevant stakeholders to reach consensus on significant decisions
- Developing a fast-moving team that’s hungry to reach out to new clients and shorten the time it takes to close and reach full volume
- Streamlining processes and reducing complexity
- Building the core team in 2021 and expanding the runway for 2022
- Developing local sales talent in key local markets together with the CRO
Like us, you’re obsessed with creating use cases for open banking, which are hallmarked by quality. Your passion for the payments industry and for being at the leading edge of open banking is what provides intrigue, connection and experience to gateways, wallets, acquirers and platforms.
You’re someone who brings your:
- Strength in leadership. You enjoy and thrive in leading others and bringing energy to your team. You seek accountability for the results of a diverse team.
- Coaching-style leadership that you activate in service to those on your team. You’re always prepared to roll your sleeves up and support anyone and everyone.
- Deep understanding of the European payments landscape and experience creating payment opportunities
- Minimum of three (3) years leadership experience and a stellar track record of a minimum of seven (7) successful years selling payments solutions to Enterprise clients within Europe. (e.g. leadership experience across Europe for a payments scheme)
- Strategic, analytic capability matched by a go-to mentality
- Ability to work closely with executives to present Aiia’s strategic vision and negotiate effectively on behalf of the company
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and a command of a second European language fluently (written and spoken)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset and extensive experience with HubSpot or a similar system
- Strong negotiation skills. You’ve led and closed complex multi-million euro deals.
- Technical acumen and industry knowledge to effectively balance the demands being placed on a defined area of a product from a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to travel 2-3x a month (once travel is open)
Nice to have:
- Experience speaking at large events or conferences
- A fantastic team to collaborate with and support you as you build your career and growth ambitions
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- A spacious, modern office in Islands Brygge with a canteen serving delightful lunch served by .506
- Competitive remuneration and bonus structure
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply below or reach out directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, Jozef Klaassen, at email@example.com