Head of SMBs
Sales · Copenhagen
We’re on a mission to transform banking permanently and build a Europe-wide ecosystem of APIs, renowned for quality and privacy, upon which an entire industry can transform. We’re currently looking for a leader who can navigate SMB / Merchant sales throughout the Nordics and all of Europe.
The SMB Sales Team
Our Sales Team is the beating heart of Aiia. Together with clients, we rewrite the script on what is possible with payments and data across Europe. And we deliver on this vision, bringing growth to both our clients’ businesses and smoother, faster and connected experiences for their customers.
Aiia was founded because of the challenges we faced as an SMB in the open banking space. As a response to this, we’ve committed ourselves to stimulating SMB innovation by supporting and partnering up with all companies striving to change, challenge and shape their products through financial integrations. This is done by equipming all SMBs with simple and easy access to bank data and payments solutions, bringing their innovative ideas to live solutions faster. And because open banking shouldn’t be a shiny toy that only the big kids can play with, Aiia provides open banking for all companies - no matter what size - with the batteries included.
This is the division of Sales that tailors to all new use cases of fintechs and merchants that are looking to increase and drive innovation. Our SMB clients are fast-paced and quick to deliver new products that impact millions of people across Europe.
Sounds like you?
As Head of SMB, you’ll lead a team that brings about the adoption of open banking by SMBs throughout Europe. You'll establish the focus and direction Aiia will take with large and small merchants, both in terms of the product and client engagement. Most importantly, you have the drive and vision needed to influence strategic merchants in the market, understanding how to shape their innovation roadmap together with them.
You’ll lead the SMB team, both in Denmark as well as all local geographic segments, building and maintaining our key Aiia partnerships with clients and creating relationships that'll increase Aiia’s reach and impact. You’re a strong communicator, so motivating and inspiring the rest of the team comes naturally to you. Like the rest of the team, you’re meticulous about data. You bring your strategies to life by taking fast and effective data-driven decisions.
Together with the CRO, you’ll establish both the short- and long-term strategy for the expansion of Aiia’s products across Europe. You’re able to execute fast on short-term wins, while maintaining focus on the bigger picture of our long-term success.
Day-to-day, you’ll work closely with the CMO as well as Head of Delivery. You’re accountable for the growth and success of your team as well as for achieving the SMB Sales targets over a multi-year horizon, to match our business plans and corporate strategy.
You achieve this by:
- Building and executing a go-to market strategy for SMB Solutions, both in the Nordics as well as throughout the rest of Europe
- Developing and executing a partnership strategy to accelerate Aiia’s growth opportunities
- Leading others, motivating the team and hiring those needed to help us grow and be successful
- Progressing deals along the pipeline and nurturing our current client relationships, ensuring all clients utilise the full potential of open banking
- Forecasting the growth of the SMB segment
- Establishing and maintaining successful sales processes with a focus on tracking and measuring. You know that if it’s not in Hubspot, it didn’t happen.
- Reporting on the tracking compared to budget of the SMB segment
- Implementing streamlined processes that support high-quality customer experiences and revenue growth
- Initiating discussion and seeking input from relevant stakeholders to reach consensus on significant decisions
- Developing a fast-moving team that’s hungry to work with hundreds, if not thousands, of fintechs and merchants
- Building the core team in 2021 and expanding the runway for 2022
- Developing local sales talent in key local markets together with the CRO
Like us, you’re obsessed with creating use cases for open banking, which are hallmarked by quality. Your passion for the industry and for being at the leading edge of open banking is what provides intrigue, connection and experience to SMBs across Europe.
You’re someone who brings your:
- Strength in leadership. You enjoy and thrive in leading others and bringing energy to your team. You seek accountability for the results of a diverse team.
- Coaching-style leadership that you activate in service to those on your team. You’re always prepared to roll your sleeves up and support anyone and everyone.
- Stellar track record of at least seven (7) successful years selling complex technical solutions within Europe
- Strategic thinking. Your in-depth market and payments product knowledge enable you to navigate the SMB landscape.
- Ability to work closely with executives to present Aiia’s strategic vision and negotiate effectively on behalf of the company
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and a command of a second European language fluently (written and spoken)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Experience engaging with regulatory bodies to discuss innovation and the changing requirements of technology
- Data-driven mindset and extensive experience with HubSpot or a similar system
- Strong negotiation skills. You’ve led and closed complex multi-million euro deals.
- Willingness to travel 2-3x a month (once travel is open)
- Awesome ability to hunt and sell, and can motivate others to become so too.
Nice to have:
- Experience of speaking at large events or conferences
- A fantastic team to collaborate with and support you as you build your career and growth ambitions
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- A spacious, modern office in Islands Brygge with a canteen serving delightful lunch served by .506
- Competitive remuneration and bonus structure
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply below or reach out directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, Jozef Klaassen, at email@example.com