We’re on a mission to transform banking permanently and build a Europe-wide ecosystem of APIs, renowned for quality and privacy, upon which an entire industry can transform. We’re currently looking for a leader in sales who can navigate SMB / Merchant sales throughout both the Nordic markets and Continental Europe.
The SMB Sales Team
Our Sales Team is the beating heart of Aiia. Together with clients, we rewrite the script on what is possible with payments and data across Europe. And we deliver on this vision, bringing growth to both our clients’ businesses and smoother, faster and connected experiences for their customers.
Aiia was founded because of the challenges we faced as an SMB in the open banking space. As a response to this, we’ve committed ourselves to stimulating SMB innovation by supporting and partnering up with all companies striving to change, challenge and shape their products through financial integrations. This is done by equipming all SMBs with simple and easy access to bank data and payments solutions, bringing their innovative ideas to live solutions faster. And because open banking shouldn’t be a shiny toy that only the big kids can play with, Aiia provides open banking for all companies - no matter what size - with the batteries included.
This is the division of Sales that tailors to all new use cases of fintechs and merchants that are looking to increase and drive innovation. Our SMB clients are fast-paced and quick to deliver new products that impact millions of people across Europe.
Sound like you?
As a Sales Manager for SMBs, you’re the client-facing representative of the Aiia brand and product, allowing merchants/businesses to experience what it means to work with Aiia. You’re eager to learn, not just about the complexities of open banking and how Aiia is unique, but most importantly, you’re eager to discover the potential pain points customers have. Your curiosity pays off through your communication skills and ability to find solutions for clients that bring more and diverse use cases to life for their customers.
You’re a hunter, eager to build a pipeline of SMB companies through the geographic area and close these as customers. You’ll develop and maintain complex merchant relationships and be responsible for setting and meeting your sales targets.
You’re an expert in establishing connections with merchants, from a cold lead to a trusted partner. You’re meticulous about data and make data-driven decisions. You develop business cases to support both the client’s and Aiia’s decision making.
Together with the Head of the SMB and SMB Sales Directors, you will influence the expansion strategy of Aiia across Europe, both in terms of sales and product development.
You achieve this by:
- Representing our team and inspiring others by sharing our vision for open banking
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of pre-sales and sales, and owning the full sales processes for small- and medium-sized clients
- Ensuring a rapid and smooth transition from contract, delivery and full-volume achievement of all our clients
- Keeping clear and accurate records of client engagements
- Constantly working closely with marketing to grow the deal board
- Focusing on exceeding the key metrics we track for SMBs and exceeding the pipeline growth expectation for the year ahead
- Building out a network within the geographic market
- Building out a matrix of connections within client organisation so that you can develop the scope and potential of what’s possible
- Meticulously managing the lead board and being able to articulate the growth and challenges you see
- Accurately and consistently maintaining sales tools and CRM
- Having a hands-on approach to improving process
Like us, you’re obsessed with creating use cases for open banking, which are hallmarked by quality. Your passion for the industry and for being at the leading edge of open banking is what provides intrigue, connection and experience to SMBs across Europe.
Key to success in this role is your ability to engage multiple stakeholders, listening before solving and being able to systematically focus on strategic priorities. This is an exciting role for someone who’d like to help lead innovation; someone who’s action oriented, focused and appreciates a culture of collaboration.
You’re someone who brings your:
- Two to four (2-4) years of commercial experience or deep interest in fintechs and an eagerness to learn
- Proactive and consistent demonstration that you can communicate the value of partnering with Aiia, highlighting key pillars of our value proposition
- Documentation and communication skills to articulate the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
- Awesome abilities at hunting and selling
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity's potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience.
- Creativity and solutioning mindset to overcome customer challenges
- Experience presenting to fintechs and innovators. You have a clear and confident communication style
- Demonstrated diligence and focus
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Exceptional command of Excel and at-home building analytic reports or creating complex business cases
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and a command of a second European language fluently (written and spoken)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to travel 2-3x a month (once travel is open)
- Ability to bring an element of fun and joy to client engagements
Nice to have:
- A deep understanding of PSD2 regulation in Europe
- A strong knowledge of payments
- A fantastic team to collaborate with and support you as you build your career and growth ambitions
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- A spacious, modern office in Islands Brygge with a canteen serving delightful lunch served by .506
- Competitive remuneration and bonus structure
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply below or reach out directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, Jozef Klaassen, at email@example.com