We’re on a mission to transform banking permanently and build a Europe-wide ecosystem of APIs, renowned for quality and privacy, upon which an entire industry can transform. We’re looking for a leader who can navigate banking sales, primarily throughout the Nordic and Baltic markets.
The Banking Sales Team
Our Sales Team is the beating heart of Aiia. Together with clients, we rewrite the script on what is possible with payments and data in Europe. And we deliver on this vision, bringing growth to both our clients’ businesses and to Aiia.
We’re trusted advisors to many banks in Europe, ranging from the well-established Pan-European banks, like Santander and Danske Bank, to high-growth challenger banks like Lunar. By advising and driving strategic partnerships with banks, we’re accelerating the growth at Aiia and expanding our innovative services across Europe. Our strong track record and ability to bring open banking data, payments and PSD2 compliance solutions that simply work to banks is second to none. In a highly competitive market, we’re battling for the future of banking and we need the best people to win.
Open banking, seen strictly as compliance, is a thing of the past. Today, commercialisation and monetisation of banks’ data and payment capabilities, and bringing new innovative solutions to life are high on the agenda for many banks. For the banks that haven’t realised the vast opportunities with open banking, we’re here to advise and help them realise their goals.
We help banks strategise open banking and solve actual problems that deliver tangible business value. We engage with people across the board, ranging from C-level and senior executives to commercial and technology decision makers.
In the Banking division, you’ll work with a stellar team of people, all skilled in banking and sales from experience with companies like Danske Bank, Saxo Bank and Visa to high-growth fintech companies.
As a Sales Director for Banking Solutions, you’ll acquire and lead the relationships with many of the market’s largest banks. Building and closing million-euro deals and developing multi-layer partnerships with banks.
You’re highly knowledgeable in open banking and can articulate what’s possible through your vision. Most importantly, you have the inside knowledge and experience to fully understand the complexities banks face when implementing multi-platform integrations, such as the complexity of the regulatory landscape banks face in GDPR and PSD2, as well as transactions / payments more broadly.
Your connections to multiple banks today are an asset and your extensive experience will develop Aiia in new markets. You’ll own the process and the engagement, from expansion strategy to hunting new leads through pipeline to account development. Your strong knowledge of the banking landscape enables you to inspire and mentor Sales Managers.
You achieve this by:
- Engaging with banking executives and industry leaders to share your vision
- Meeting and exceeding the sales targets for the Banking Solutions segment
- Building on your reputation as a leader and expanding our network of Enterprise customers as well as opening doors to generate revenue across Aiia’s solutions
- Creating territory plans to facilitate quota attainment
- Owning the full sales cycle from outreach to close: effectively engaging in meetings, understanding business objectives and challenges, and aligning Aiia’s solutions to accomplish partner goals
- Driving sales in a geographic segment by owning the largest client relationships as well as mentoring and developing the Sales talent working alongside you
- Assisting in building sales materials to reinforce key company messaging
- Negotiating and delivering on multiple €500,000+ commercial agreements
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to a team of skilled professionals and establishing a customer-focused, performance-based culture
- Partnering with internal team members to deliver on client commitments
- Accurately and consistently maintaining sales tools and CRM. You know that if it's not in HubSpot, it didn’t happen.
Sound like you?
Like us, you’re obsessed with creating use cases for open banking, which are hallmarked by quality. Your passion for the industry and for being at the leading edge of open banking is what provides intrigue, connection and experience to clients.
Key to success in this role is your ability to engage multiple stakeholders, listening before solving and being able to systematically focus on strategic priorities. This is an exciting role for someone who’d like to help lead innovation; someone who’s action oriented, focused and appreciates a culture of collaboration.
You’re someone who brings your:
- Seven-plus (7+) years of banking (or software/technology sales to banks) experience.
- Vision of how open banking, through Aiia, can change people’s lives and are able to articulate this in a compelling way
- Expert knowledge of global trends affecting banks and the payment industry
- Extensive knowledge on payments technologies and the regulatory environment for banking in the Nordics, including PSD2 regulation
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to own results
- Deep product knowledge and strong ability to match Aiia’s products with the needs of the customers
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Proven negotiation skills and entrepreneurial mindset
- Creativity and solutioning mindset to overcome customer challenges
- Data-driven and methodical with CRM systems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and a command of a second European language (written and spoken)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively to multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to travel 2-3x a month (once travel is open)
Nice to have:
- Working relationships with multiple banks throughout Central Europe
- A fantastic team to collaborate with and support you as you build your career and growth ambitions
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- A spacious, modern office in Islands Brygge with a canteen serving delightful lunch served by .506
- Competitive remuneration and bonus structure
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply below or reach out directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, Jozef Klaassen, at email@example.com