Lead Software Developer, Payment APIs
Technology · Copenhagen
Our award-winning infrastructure delivers a simple, easy- to- use API with high-quality bank connectivity, enabling companies in three segments: banking accounting and payments. Our customers range from big banks, such as Danske Bank, DNB, OP Bank and Santander, to large accounting companies like Dinero and Pleo. We also support startups that are pushing their new solutions live. And as we grow over the coming years, we plan to expand our solution to the rest of Europe and develop new products to offer value-added services on top of our open banking network.
We’re product people in a financial world who build cut-to-the-bone, frictionless and highly effective products. We’re constantly improving and growing as a company and as individuals, and we welcome a positive can-do attitude and thinking outside the box in any form. We believe that people thrive when they get to express their creativity and deliver results, and we respect that no fixed time slot for creative work exists. Punching a clock is a thing of the past.
The Payment Division
We’re building the future of payments done directly from the bank account, effectively removing many intermediaries and delivering simpler, more secure solutions. The Payment Division has full end-to-end product responsibility for our account-to-account payment products and value-added services.
Major responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining high-quality connections to banks’ payment APIs
- Assessing banks’ PSD2 APIs and working with banks and local financial supervisory authorities to fix compliance and/or user-experience issues
- Building and further developing our payment APIs for one-off, bulk and subscription payments
- Building strategies and solutions for value-added services and functionality, such as cross-border payments
- Maintaining functionality for our billing engine in relation to payments
- Legal assessment of local markets in collaboration with our legal & compliance team
- Onboarding new customers and helping them achieve their open banking goals
- Monitoring of payments and payment conversion as well as detection of fraud and AML alerts
The Payment Division contains payment experts, open banking and PSD2 experts, product managers, engineering managers and best-in-class developers for APIs, backend services and data analysis. Our efforts are structured around small squads of 2-5 developers with product managers and key functional units, such as operations, business analytics and compliance to support the teams.
The Payment API Squad
The squad is responsible for building and maintaining our open banking payment APIs and providing simple and seamless developer experiences to our customers. Team members include API and core service developers working closely together with the product managers within the division as well as other payment squads.
- You will work across the full span of our payments domain, from our public APIs to our internal connectivity infrastructure.
- Design and build simple payment APIs that enable our customers to effortlessly implement account to account payments in their solutions
- Design and build the abstractions needed to support the wide range of different payment implementations across banks, so that we can deliver simple and elegant payment APIs and authorization flows
- Design and build robust end-user payment flows, focusing on ensuring high payment conversion
- Architecture and operate our platform to be highly available and highly scalable – able to handle high volume of payments at any time, 24/7/365
- Be the organisation ambassador for quality payment APIs
- Lead, build and motivate your squad – and work with the division to ramp up new squads
- Implement culture of having continuous focus on KPIs and other quality metrics
- Planning & Delivery – responsible for squad processes and deliveries
- External stakeholder management – within the company and with customers when relevant
- Implement / adjust processes to ensure high quality and fast execution
- Multiple years of deep industry experience building, owning and improving high visibility products
- Experience working on end-user applications, native or web, so you instinctively know the challenges our customers facing, enabling you to build APIs that then enable our customers to build highly successful products
- Deep understanding of software development using C# on the .NET stack
- Strong experience in API design and strategies
- Experience of designing and building distributed applications, and good knowledge of at least one of the major cloud providers
- An higher university degree in computer science or related field
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English)
- You have experience being a technical leader or mentor
- You can quickly scope the size and feasibility of projects of all sizes.
- A leading position within one of the most innovative areas of payments
- To be part of a technology-driven culture that includes expert payment and engineering colleagues
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- Exciting Gatherings where all teams from three locations meet to inspire each other and have fun
- Stellar equipment for your work, both in office and at home.
- Competitive compensation packages
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply or reach out to Guðmundur Hreiðarsson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Product Director, Payments. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.