Our award-winning infrastructure delivers a simple, easy- to- use API with high-quality bank connectivity, enabling companies in three segments: banking accounting and payments. Our customers range from big banks, such as Danske Bank, DNB, OP Bank and Santander, to large accounting companies like Dinero and Pleo. We also support startups that are pushing their new solutions live. And as we grow over the coming years, we plan to expand our solution to the rest of Europe and develop new products to offer value-added services on top of our open banking network.
We’re product people in a financial world who build cut-to-the-bone, frictionless and highly effective products. We’re constantly improving and growing as a company and as individuals, and we welcome a positive can-do attitude and thinking outside the box in any form. We believe that people thrive when they get to express their creativity and deliver results, and we respect that no fixed time slot for creative work exists. Punching a clock is a thing of the past.
The Payments Division
We’re building the future of payments done directly from the bank account, effectively removing many intermediaries and delivering simpler, more secure solutions. The Payment Division has full end-to-end product responsibility for our account-to-account payment products and value-added services.
Major responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining high-quality connections to banks’ payment APIs
- Assessing banks’ PSD2 APIs and working with banks and local financial supervisory authorities to fix compliance and/or user-experience issues
- Building and further developing our payment APIs for one-off, bulk and subscription payments
- Building strategies and solutions for value-added services and functionality, such as cross-border payments
- Maintaining functionality for our billing engine in relation to payments
- Legal assessment of local markets in collaboration with our legal & compliance team
- Onboarding new customers and helping them achieve their open banking goals
- Monitoring of payments and payment conversion as well as detection of fraud and AML alerts
The Payment Division contains payment experts, open banking and PSD2 experts, product managers, engineering managers and best-in-class developers for APIs, backend services, machine learning and AI. Our efforts are structured around small squads of 2-5 developers with product managers and key functional units, such as operations, business analytics and compliance to support the teams.
- You’ll work across the full span of our domestic payments domain - from our public APIs to the connections to the banks
- Design and build simple payment APIs that enable our customers to effortlessly implement account-to-account payments into their solutions
- Responsible for driving improvements and achieving set goals for KPIs, such as API request performance, minimising error rates, etc.
- Ensure high quality of our payment APIs so they effortlessly support any kind of load (like Beyonce-concert spikes where everyone purchases at the same very moment) as well as generating as high conversion rates as possible (e.g. builtin robustness with retries, circuit-breakers and fallback solutions, etc. and can write rock-solid integrations towards the banks)
- External stakeholder management within the company and with customers when relevant
As a developer in the Domestic Payments Squat you will:
- Have, as part of the squad, full ownership of the applications you build - from development to operating them in production
- Groom requirements with the squad and plan out technical tasks to deliver on those requirements
- Work closely with the team doing pair programming and code reviews to ensure the constant delivery of working software to the standards we expect
- Daily operations assisting with customer support, fixing bugs and other issues
- Closely monitor and improve the quality of our applications, ensuring they live up to our quality standards and SLAs
- Multiple years of deep industry experience building, owning and improving high-visibility products
- Deep understanding of software development using C# on the .NET stack
- Strong experience in API design and strategies
- Experience designing and building distributed applications, and a good knowledge of at least one of the major cloud providers
- A higher university degree in computer science or related field
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience being a technical leader or mentor
- You can quickly scope the size and feasibility of projects of all sizes
- A leading position within one of the most innovative areas of payments
- To be part of a technology-driven culture that includes expert payment and engineering colleagues
- Flexible working hours that allow you to decide where and when you’ll work. We embrace remote working, families and creativity in any shape and form.
- Exciting Gatherings where all teams from three locations meet to inspire each other and have fun
- Stellar equipment for your work, both in office and at home.
- Competitive compensation packages
If you’re eager to shape the future of financial services, apply or reach out to Guðmundur Hreiðarsson (email@example.com), Technical Product Director of the Payments Division. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.